Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! Thanks for the distro.
Hello!

Although I must admit that Linux Lite is a far better solution, sounds like you may have had many items that run at startup. These also have to be disabled or removed.

I know what you mean about Automatic Updates in Windows. I usually disable it to only CHECK for updates. There are times when I just want to get on and off, and don't want to do 25 updates that add up to a gig or more to download RIGHT THEN...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob
[Image: EtYqOrS.png%5D]

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.
Thanks Rob,

I looked at what was auto loading but ran out of things to remove.

My desk PC has just been upgraded to SSD and my broadband to fibre. It uses Win 7 and it is quite staggering how much time I save doing the updates now. On the old machine and network it could take over an hour. Now there is barely time to make a cup of coffee.

But that is OT and the good news continues in that I have not heard a moan for over a week from my wife now using a wonky old Linux based laptop.

Tony
Hello!

A few days ago, just for grins and giggles, I stuck a 1GB DDR I had laying around here into a Dell Latitude C640 laptop, age 14. I expected only 512MB to be usable by the pup.

To my surprise, it recognized the entire 1GB of it. With a jump from 512MB to 1280MB, it now runs Linux Lite without any lag.

Another 1GB of DDR for it is on the way here. It will make an excellent laptop to keep in the trunk of the car, so I'll always have one when I go out. The plus of it all is that if it happens to 'grow legs', no big loss to anyone...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob
[Image: EtYqOrS.png%5D]

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.
Welcome to the Linux Lite community!
Theodore,
[Image: ha6sMdA.png]
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11-e015dx (11-inch "Travelbook")
ASUS Republic Of Gamers G752VT-DH74 (17-inch Main) [6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU, 24GB RAM]