• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Atom z8300

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel integrated

• Kernel: 5.x
    I have now installed Linux Lite 6.6. The keyboard all works, as does the Numpad, and the temperature is much lower. Unfortunately, there is no sound, and it can not find Jasper Lake. Volume Control (pavucontrol), and  alsamixer are there, but there is no sign of pulseaudio. Configuration is empty, no cards found. Sound works with a USB card.
Try installing Lite 7.0 which has a 6.8 kernel.

No sound on Acer Chromebook 317 17.3" converted to Linux
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 04:08:00 AM »

Mzee

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium Silver 6000

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Jasper Lake (Intel)
I have a 17.3" Acer Chromebook 317, converted to Linux Mint first of all. Worked well, except no sound (had to use a USB Card), and some of the keys didn't work. The main problem was overheating, 80c running videos. There is no fan, and no ventilation. Eventually I ended up with MX 23.2, Jasper Lake sound worked with pulseaudio . The heat problem remained, but was less than with Mint.
    I have now installed Linux Lite 6.6. The keyboard all works, as does the Numpad, and the temperature is much lower. Unfortunately, there is no sound, and it can not find Jasper Lake. Volume Control (pavucontrol), and  alsamixer are there, but there is no sign of pulseaudio. Configuration is empty, no cards found. Sound works with a USB card.
     It needs to find Jasper Lake. When first installed LL had a 5.15.? kernel. I changed it to 6.6 which MX had, but it made no difference.
Has anyone any suggestions?

B.T.W. I had to use the terminal to install "touchpad-indicator" because its no longer listed in the package manager, wonder why?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 7.0 Final Released - See Release Announcement Section