Linux Lite Forums
Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Printable Version

+- Linux Lite Forums (https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? (/showthread.php?tid=8465)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - vint - 08-25-2022

Howdy folks,
I asked this question a few months ago when I downloaded the new Thunderbird mail and installed it on the W7 side.  Does anyone know when the 102.01 series will be available for update on Linux Lite?  On the Ubuntu website it is available as a snap or flatpack, also states it is available for download from the Thunderbird site as well.  There are many security updates on the newest version as well as UI improvements so I ask again does anyone know when the update will trickle down to Linux Lite?

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Valtam - 08-25-2022

There will be a very specific reason for this on a developmental/compatibility level.
It won't be available until Ubuntu deems it ready. Cheers.

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - vint - 08-26-2022

Thanks for the quick response to my question, my next question is why does it take so long for the updates to reach Linux Lite.  Another is what is the process for the update to get to Linux Lite, I know the answer is most likely a long one considering how many versions of Linux that are out there using Ubuntu as their base.  Could it be several months before I see an update to Thunderbird 102 ?

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Valtam - 09-21-2022

Mine (102) came in this morning via Updates.

[Image: UxUuJMq.png]

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - vint - 09-22-2022

Hi Jerry,

That is great news, I'm 17 hours behind where you live so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow for me.  I've been using it on W7 since it was available for download and it has many improvements I like very much.

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Valtam - 09-22-2022

I'm sure it won't be too far away.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - vint - 09-22-2022

I hope so but as of this morning it isn't here yet

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Şerban S. - 09-22-2022

(09-22-2022, 03:56 PM)vint link Wrote: I hope so but as of this morning it isn't here yet

Patience, is the most powerful weapon against the oddities of life! Smile

I also use Thunderbird... Wink

Best regards!

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - Artim - 09-22-2022

Thunderbird is great! But am I the only one here that uses Seamonkey I wonder? It does what both Firefox and Thunderbird do, yet with thousands fewer lines of code than Firefox by itself!

Re: Thunderbird Mail 102.01? - vint - 09-23-2022

I've never tried SeaMonkey, I haven't researched or read much about it as I've used Thunderbird mail for many years on windows OS'.  Now that I'm using a Linux OS I am finding out how long it takes to receive new updated versions of software like Firefox, and Thunderbird mail.  I understand the security aspect in Linux but this new version of mail came out in May!  I still am waiting for the update as of this morning I haven't received it yet.  Patience is a virtue and it is needed with Linux and since I dual boot with W7 I am able to use the new versions when they are available.